3 point backhoes
a backhoe is an excavation machine made up of a tractor base that supports the digging bucket. the bucket is placed at the end of a jointed two-point arm, and a front loader is fitted at the opposite side of the backhoe. backhoes can be used in small demolitions, construction, and transportation of building materials. the machine is also useful in landscaping, excavation, and breaking asphalt. here are some additional titan backhoe attachment features.
titan backhoe attachment features
the titan backhoe attachment features a heavy-duty design with high quality materials. the backhoe has smooth controls to make operating it effortless. it has dual swing cylinders, swing cushioning, and a controllable hydraulic italian valve to make operations steady and gentle. while using the backhoe, you will rarely experience jerky movements or poor performance.
the boom of the titan bk series backhoe is curved, making it more efficient, and you can easily lower or raise the boom while using the backhoe attachment. the curved design prevents the boom from touching the edge of the excavator and the soil from falling back into the hole. with this equipment, you can excavate efficiently.
the titan backhoe attachment is made from heavy-duty steel that withstands harsh weather conditions. thus, you should not worry about rust or oxidation. a powder coating has been used to reinforce the durability of the backhoe, making it sturdier.
how a backhoe works
many people wonder how a backhoe works. the boom arm is the actual hoe section of a backhoe. it is capable of excavating a wide range of materials. for wider digging capability, the bucket attachments can be swapped. the backhoe works using the hydraulic machinery concept. the forces are transmitted through oil to various points. distance and force are the main concepts at work. the piston on the left adjusts the force you apply and the distance the piston moves. pressure on the left piston moves the fluid, applying pressure on the right piston.
cat 1 vs cat 2 backhoes
since most of you probably know how a backhoe works, you might be wondering what the difference is between cat 1 and cat 2 backhoes? cat 1 hitches are typically for tractors with 20 to 50 horsepower. cat 2 backhoes tend to mount to tractors that have 50 to 90 horsepower. you can also confirm with your dealer which category 3 point your tractor has.
attaching & removing a backhoe
attaching and removing a backhoe isn't too challenging. to attach a backhoe, you'll want to do the following:
- ensure the operator seat is facing the front
- align the machine to match with the mounting hooks
- attach the lift pins and top link pins on the backhoe
- connect the hoses to their respective couplers
- the stabilizer levers should evenly match
- lower the backhoe boom until the rear wheels are off the ground
- retract the boom, curl bucket, dipper stick and stabilizers
to remove a backhoe, follow these steps:
- park the machine and engage the parking brake
- disengage the boom lock and extend the stabilizers above the ground
- lower the boom to release pressure on the pins
- raise the boom to rotate the subframe from the machine
- install the retaining pins to the subframe
- retract the stabilizers and lower the backhoe to the ground
- disconnect the hydraulic hoses, lower lift pins and link pin.
backhoes are great to use for farming, construction work, and landscaping. make sure you take all of the features of a backhoe into account to make sure you get the right one.